Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hello again, old friends and even older enemies.

I wasn't using this blog, so I briefly deleted it. Then I realised it had a cool title, so it's back.

I hope to use it more and be less inane when I post... though we all know that i'll revert back to mentioning 80's children shows, taking childish swipes at religion and my hatred of christmas. So... how amazing was Superted?

Incidently, my meandering and somewhat random decisions about which books to read led me to Mary Wollstonecraft's 'Letters written in Sweden, Norway and Denmark' - It's a truly wonderful book, worth a read and I certainly agree with her future husbands remark that, 'If ever there was a book calculated to make a man in love with its author, this appears to me to be the book'.

I can't wait to start reading her 'A Vindication of the Rights of Woman'.

Peace Out Y'all.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hello again

Apathy Personified said...

Hey Lee,
How's it going?

Lee said...

Still going... still bothering the faith-heads when I can.

The wife invited the Mormons back around to our house - they should be here in an hour.

They knocked on our door during the week and she was 'too polite' to tell them to go away.

So she tells them that I have an interest in Jesus.

Should be fun

How things with you... you are back to blogging?

Lee

Apathy Personified said...

Haha - Hope they provided good sport, though I doubt they paid attention to a word you said, they never do.

I'm going to try, when I've got something to talk about, though I'll probably resort to lists about wine, 80's tv and books.

I read your post about that ex-footballer who said that all science is wrong - bet he still goes to the doctor when ill and flies in planes though.

Elfie said...

Please come back - I only discovered your blog today..)googling healthy cynicism to use " elfie cynicism" as a forum name lol long story) but omg despite me being a grizzled o9ld fat , you sound awesome adn I think your blog is great- it actually cheered me up no end- you have a new fan m'dear, elfie -x-